There’s a large central Children’s Area with shady trees and grassy areas to run around in.
A space exclusively for teenagers.
Plus tons of family and child friendly activities all over site.
Read on for the low-down, and pop into our Kids’ Info Hub on site too…
The Kids’ Garden…
Nestled into shady trees you’ll find tents bursting with activities for children and family hang-out spaces; in 2019 these included…
- The Little Big Top with playshops ranging from Envirolution’s fab fun sustainability games to willow weaving, hooping, kids’ yoga, woodland crafts, seedbomb making with the Woodcraft Folk and storytelling.
- Katie’s soft play and toddler space providing safe spaces and activities for families with littlies.
- Bearcat Collective with swap shop, tie-dying, crafts and cosy hangout.
- Nature Art Club where kids can get creative with upcycled and natural materials.
- Professor Kayoss and his Amazing Machine.
- Flora’s Facepainting
- Kids’ Info Hub where you can find out what’s going on for kids across site
The Village Green; spilling out from the Kids’ Garden…
Activities for families, older kids and teens in this area include:
- The Bookshelf – a playbus with library, microscopy, badge-making, boardgames and table football.
- The Amazing Tribe of Vikboc with dance workshops, dressing up, performances and open mic.
- Bungee trampolines from Jump Around UK.
- Festival-themed Crazy Golf.
The Mayflower Project Teens Tent…
A unique, bespoke space for teenagers to hang out, The Mayflower expanded in 2019, moving across the Village Green for new views and more outdoor space.
There are workshops and skill sharing sessions, or you can just come and sit on our sofas, play our guitars or do your own thing. There’s henna, hair braids, upcycling, a full band rig and games. Plus giant chess, aerial rig, slackline, table tennis and mini football are all possibilities!
Everything is free to join in, so come and say hello.
Child-friendly activities across site…
The Permaculture Community provides a family friendly, nurturing, playful space for parents, parents-to-be, tots and babies with Forest School activities, baby sling library and quiet breastfeeding space.
In the Craft Area kids can get creative with practical and artistic activities – look out for free workshops in the Craft Office and Classroom.
In the Campaigns Field, Travellerspace provides activities for small children and Radical Wales encourages young people to get creative.
Early evening in the Raconteurs’ Delight venue there’s family entertainment – clowns, storytellers, jugglers, singalong acts and more.
Winners of the WELSH ENTERPRISE FAMILY FESTIVAL AWARD, FESTIVAL KIDZ GOLD AWARD and SPARK FAMILY AWARD in recent years.
IMPORTANT INFO: Even at The Green Gathering children need to be closely supervised by their responsible adults. The festival provides exciting spaces, fun and creative activities but no babysitters or creches. Some aspects of the festival are not childproof… and while GG is a comparatively safe event, your children may not be entirely festival-proof! Please keep them in view at all times.