Only a very limited number of dogs are permitted onto the festival site. Your dog will not be allowed onto the site without a dog ticket. Please only buy a dog ticket if you really have no option to have your dog looked after elsewhere.
Dog tickets (£80) include a £40 returnable ‘good behaviour’ bond.
Expected behaviour of dog owners at the festival:
- Keep your dog on a lead and under control, with a responsible adult holding the lead, at all times in both public and crew areas of the festival site. (There are wooded areas with public footpaths around the edges of the site, where well-behaved dogs can be let off their leads for a run.)
- Pick up your dog’s mess. There will be scoop bags available at the Info Exchange. Dispose of these bags in the designated dog poo bins.
- Pay attention to the needs of your dog and other festival-goers. Some venues may prefer not to admit dogs; some people are afraid of dogs: please respect this. Be aware that not everyone loves your dog as much as you do!
- Please report to our Dog Welfare Tent or Info Exchange Tent, or to a Steward, if you witness a stray dog or a dog under insufficient control on site.
- You must return your dog tag to the Dog Welfare Tent (near Medical & Welfare) at the end of the festival (if Dog Welfare has packed up, go to Trader HQ.)
Behaviour which will result in forfeit of deposit:
- Owner allowing a dog to run or wander loose within the festival site.
- Owner not responsibly disposing of their dog’s mess.
- Owner not looking after their dog, resulting in dog wardens or other festival crew having to manage the dog.
- Owner not returning dog collar tag at the end of the festival.
GG reserves the right to require the removal of any ‘Out of Control’ dog from the event.
Your dog will be deemed ‘Out of Control’ if it: injures someone; injures someone’s animal; makes someone worried that it might injure them; or makes someone worried that your dog might injure them if they try to stop it attacking their animal.
In the unlikely event of injury or damage caused by a dog, the dog owner will be liable.
GG will not admit dogs so designated in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
Thanks for reading, we hope you understand the need for these rules to ensure the safety and comfort of all festival-goers and the continuance of good relationships with the site owners.
We hope you and your dog have a great festival.